Sunday, September 4, 2011

Faded heart, frigid ground


When for better or worse goes ugly will you still be there?
Because I see you have brought about every last fear.

That hath displaced your arms that were my shelter in
this storm. No place near that's inviting and warm.

Wonder if I can trust you with me,
'cause if there's a way for us now I cannot see.

As reflected in the cracked mirror of my broken heart.
Smote to ruin by harsh words fiery dart.

My door is locked because my faith is lost in you.
I am torn and run right through.

I feel split right to the core when I remembered
knocking on your door.

Just like fear that cuts your tongue and my will is undone.

Because there is no place of belonging,
I see myself all alone, someday thriving.

As I lay awake at night, you fade from my
memories sight. Loves warmth turned to a frigid night. 

Your cold heart has frozen me still,
there is naught left in cold icy chill.

As a light in your eyes that never warms.

Just as I can't reach you through the  wastes of my regret's.
These taunting hurts so easily beset.

Bitter winds of chafing regret blowing
in that place. 

Now I see this aching embrace
known in the crux of personal crisis
and felt in the chill of grief that leaves 
me breathless. 

As cupid dies and love gone away as a 
mangy stray, heart crumbled as fragile clay.

Yes the light that never warms.

Scattered ashes as pale Octobers moon
fading into black its all gone astray. Light is leading me into new day.

No comments: